Winter Break Fun

So our dear friends have season passes to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.  There are a few times during the year where they have free passes for guests.  The kids and I were invited to join in on the fun yesterday for the Holiday in the Park.  Both of the husbands worked so it was up to the mommies to take 4 kids about an hour and a half away from home.  I have to tell you my friend definitely knows how to make the trip inexpensive.  I drove, so I only had a to use gas money to get there and she had her season ticket parking pass.  The kids and I were free to get into the park.  They had refillable cups from previous visits so soda refills were only $1 and her hot cocoa refills were $2.  I paid for a new hot cocoa mug for $7 and with the wristband they gave me I had free refills all day.  It was perfect with the cold, windy weather and the kids and I just shared the mug of yummy cocoa to stay warm all day.

Along with their season passes, our friends have the food meals added so they get lunch and dinner each visit.  The meals are so huge the kids shared the pizza slices and I paid for my own.  I did pack snacks, however, for when they wanted something else in between meals.  But be careful-sometimes when they check bags at the entrance, they won't allow for outside food or drinks.  This time, it was okay.   

Both of the moms are totally into pictures so whenever a photographer was around we took those photo opportunities.  On our way out of the park at the end of the day, we took all our little slips the photographers gave us to check them out at the photo area by the entrance.  My friend bought the USB stick from the park earlier in the season so they only charged $1 per upload.  Then she emails me them to me the next day.  That is so much cheaper than buying each print separately and makes for easier photo sharing on social media!  She definitely knows the little tricks to make the trip cheap.  It also helps out a lot when she takes us because then I don't shell out a bunch of money.  

I do have to say I love their snow sled area!  The kids kept wanted to go again and again!  The tree lighting ceremony was cute too (even though Christmas was technically over).  The crowds weren't too bad for it being winter break but it was a bummer so many rides were shut down due to the wind.  The kids still had a blast and I'm glad I got the time to spend this time with them while we have a break!

Until next time Six Flags....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We've hit the 7 year itch!

October Updates

Christmas Miracles Do Happen